Jesus Accomplished 9 Remarkable Firsts in His Life
Jesus, an extraordinary individual, achieved an impressive array of milestones within a relatively short period. Upon examining the Bible, I have compiled a list of noteworthy “firsts” that showcase his remarkable abilities:
- Jesus, as part of the trinity, performed the earliest recorded instance of open surgery. He caused Adam to enter a deep slumber and then extracted one of his ribs to create Eve. This act marks the world’s first known surgical procedure.
He displayed a profound understanding of science.
- His initial miracle at the Cana of Galilee, where he turned water into wine, demonstrates the skills of a modern chemist.
- In the realm of mathematics, Jesus fed 5000 people with just two fish and three loaves of bread, defying the principles of multiplication, addition, subtraction, and division. Additionally, the fact that he knew the exact number of hairs on people’s heads showcases an extraordinary mathematical feat.
- Jesus challenged the laws of physics by walking on water, a feat that continues to baffle even modern physicists, as only pond skaters can currently walk on water without breaking its surface tension. Furthermore, his ascension to heaven defied the laws of gravity.
- Jesus predated scientific discoveries about the relationship between the earth and celestial bodies, as thousands of years ago, Isaiah proclaimed that “the earth hangs upon nothing.” He laid the foundation for understanding this aspect of physics long before figures like Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawking made their contributions.
In the field of biology, Jesus utilized advanced knowledge to restore life to the dead and to join bones and flesh. The story of the Valley of Bones in Ezekiel illustrates this scientific expertise.
- Regarding law, he provided insightful interpretations regarding the observance of the Sabbath and the payment of taxes, advising people to “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.”
- Jesus was a masterful literature teacher, employing parables, beatitudes, analogies, sayings, and stories to convey powerful messages. Modern literature teachers have much to learn from his techniques.
- He defied the natural laws of science by rising from the dead. According to science, brain death signifies the end of life, and a dead body decomposes irreversibly after necrosis sets in. However, Jesus demonstrated power over death itself, thereby overriding scientific norms.